Monday, June 7, 2010

Gateway High School IB Student Accepted into Medical Program

    Heena Ahmed, a 2010 graduate from the International Baccalaureate (IB) program at Gateway High School, has been accepted into a special seven-year program. Her first three years will be at the University of Central Florida in the Honors Program, with a seat reserved in medical program at the University of South Florida. She has chosen to major in Molecular Biology and Microbiology
    “I've wanted to be a doctor since I was eight years old, and I intend on continuing on the right track in that direction,” said Heena. “I would really like to work for the U.N. or one of its agencies like the World Health Organization, so that I may make a difference, not only in my community but around the world. I could not have asked for a better high school experience. The IB program truly instills in its students the knowledge, work ethic, and drive needed for success. I am blessed to have such support and encouragement from my family, especially my parents who sacrificed so much so I could achieve my dreams. My intent is to continue working hard in the future to not only make my parents proud but to gain the skills needed to help as many lives as possible.”

No comments:

Post a Comment